Sunday 6 December 2009

Writing with your sewing machine...

I was commissioned a little while ago to make a cushion for a baby girl called Daisy. I had made a cushion 'A is for apple' and the lady said she would like something similar but obviously, 'D is for daisy'.
I had real fun with this, I found some beautiful daisy fabric in my stash and made the D out of this, then used the rest for the back of the cushion.
I'm really pleased with how it turned out. More to the point, my customer was also really pleased so that was good!!
There is always a 'hold your breath' moment with this cushion because I do the applique of the letter and picture first, then 'write' the words on last. At this point, it could all go horribly wrong. Luckily, it didn't. I really like writing with the sewing machine, it's like learning to write joined up all over again. And very satisfying. When it works. xx

3 comments: