Sunday 20 September 2009

Feeling decidedly vintage!!!

Had a lovely day on Saturday at the market - met some really friendly, lovely customers who made my day. So thank you - you know who you are!!
Since then, it has been a definite shock to realise I have only 3 days to get ready for the first Vintage market which is on Wednesday!!
I sewed some lavender sachets last night with vintage fabric and lace from my Grandma's collection which was really therapeutic. I do so enjoy putting the fabrics and lace together. I will take some pics when I have time.
In the meantime, here are some new cafetiere cosies I made on Friday - in a bright cheery red polka dot and a gorgeous paisley:
Can't decide which I like the best, I used bright candy pink felt for the lining and I love the shock of the contrast, especially with the red-

Maybe I'll make some out of vintage fabrics? Then again, I have to make vintage cushions, vintage hearts, vintage bunting to make, not forgetting the table cloth needs edging, the vintage embroidered cloths need ironing.....suddenly I am feeling a bit vintage myself!
Might just call it a day and get up bright and early tomorrow! x


1 comment:

  1. I love your cafetiere cosy's! lovely colours! where is the vintage market? I'd love to call in and see you! Lisa:)x

    ReplyDelete