Thursday 23 July 2009

The quest...

for a well-ordered home life continues apace....this is a little snapshot just to show the beautiful 'thrifted' green velvet curtains that a lovely friend of my Mum's gave me. She was moving from a quite grand house up North to a smaller one on the south coast so gave me a few pairs of curtains as my windows are awkwardly tall.
For two years, I had no use for these - but I fell in love with their sumptuousness, their glamour and the pure apple-green -ness of them and kept them safe, hoping one day they would 'come in'.
And 'come in' they have -after an evening of laying them on the floor, cutting, pinning and sewing them, they now adorn the living room window and I get to look at their green velvetiness every day!! and how sweet the feeling to get something for nothing and give it a new lease of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment