Tuesday 8 June 2010

Ever wanted to make your own....


jewellery?
For a few years now, I've been combining my love of buttons with my love of colour, and making a few pieces of jewellery.
It's really good fun and sooo easy!
However, going in a slightly different direction (as I always am!) has left me with jars of jewellery findings which are just sitting there....and so.... I wondered if any of you crafty people out there wanted a go?
I have just listed a few of the findings in my Etsy shop here so you can make your own....
and I've even listed a few kilt pins - you can use these for brooches or charms to clip onto bags etc.

I am really happy to help if anyone wants to know about glues etc - it's really easy to make beautiful button brooches, either with one huge one of these-

which you simply glue to the back, or a few of these
both of which I sell in Feltgirl.
I have experimented with about 16 different types of glue so I can help you save time there if anyone wants some advice on the best one to use.
So, what are you waiting for - button lovers!!!!! Now you can make button rings, button brooches, or felt flower brooches!!, button cufflinks.......the world is your.....er....button!!!! x

No comments:

Post a Comment